Join our high-profile interior design firm and retail store in Aiken!
Position: Design Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Aiken, SC
Nandina Home & Design is a high end retail and interior design firm that specializes in residential and boutique commercial design. It is a dynamic work place that encourages collaboration and creativity. We have developed our brand based on our commitment to our clients, our community, and our coworkers.
We have an immediate opening for a Design Assistant in Aiken, SC and are seeking a dedicated professional with a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Interior Design or experience in the home furnishings industry, with a great personality, exceptional organization and communication skills with a polished professional image as a representative of the company.
Design Assistant Role:
The Design Assistant assists the Team in design, sales and administrative tasks in order to maintain a productive working environment and facilitate successful design projects. The Design Assistant supports the design team and contributes to the overall productivity and efficiency of company projects and retail store.
Design Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist Lead Designer and design team on interior design projects
- Assist in all administrative tasks necessary to facilitate projects
- Sourcing and pricing furniture, fabric, accessories, hardware, etc
- Prepare client presentations
- Produce and maintain accurate client project spreadsheets
- Produce accurate purchase orders
- Obtain confirmation and acknowledgements on orders and alert the designer of any back orders or discontinued items
- Track purchase orders with suppliers to assure delivery dates
- Produce accurate and detailed custom work room purchase orders
- On-site job visitations to ensure proper installations
- Scheduling of installations, repairs, etc
- Act as a liaison and representative between Designers, Suppliers and Contractors
- Maintain organized and easy to read dated lists of tasks to do and things to remember
- Answering phones
- Act as Sales Associate on retail floor and operate point-of-sale system
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with furniture, fabric, custom workroom and accessories product lines
- Aware of budget levels of furniture, accessories, fabrics, etc
- Ability to scale and read plans
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Computer knowledge is a must for communication and order input
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Problem solver
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
Entry level position available with the ability to advance
Salary based on skills and experience
One to two years of experience in interior design industry required, others need not apply
Does this sound like the perfect fit for you?
If so, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com